Cast All Our Sins - Micah 7:18-19



Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:18‭-‬19 ESV

Who am I in Christ? I am a receiver of divine mercy. Like an awkward wide receiver in a middle school football game, the football of mercy dropped into my arms. Only no opponent can intercept it. And I will step into the end zone, for He who has begun a good work in me will continue until I am perfected in Him.

I am blessed. 

He has pardoned me, a hopeless bum who had nothing but a desolate future ahead. 

I am not only a pardoned criminal. I am now His grateful child! What?

Yes! I am an inheritor of good gifts which he continually showers upon me. 

And sure, He has been angry with me. But not anymore. And even now, when I stumble, when I fail, He lovingly corrects me. 

And sure, that correction, that discipline, feels incredibly painful in the moment. May I learn from it!

Hebrews 12:11 says, “No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it (CSB)."

God’s default with His children is this: steadfast love, His redeeming love. In fact, He delights in it. Even when He disciplines me He is showing this divine love. 

He is bigger than all of my sins. He stomps all over them like they are some slow cockroaches. 

And He throws them away into the depths. Gone. 

He takes the power out of it. He takes the wrath out of it. He restores my soul and leads me in paths of righteousness. 

I am a believer. Yes. I am His child. I am.

Even so, I mess up. I sin. He doesn’t abandon me when I do. He pulls me out of the filth, picks me up, cleans me off, and shows me what I did. He removes my sin and leads me. 

Lord, I need you every hour. Work on my sin. Convict me. May I drop my defensiveness before you. May you stomp out my sin like an ugly spider on the ground. And cast it away. Restore me. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3