Don't Hide from God, Run to Him - Hebrews 4:13

 



No creature is hidden from him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give an account. Hebrews 4:13

Let Me Know When You're Ready to Talk

Why do I try to hide from God sometimes? It makes no sense.

I mean, I know that people act like their parents who act like their parents and so on. When I think I'm hiding something from God, that's me acting like Father Adam.

He disobeyed God and hid. Then, when he got caught, he tried to talk his way out. "The woman you gave me, gave it to me."

I can struggle with greed, jealousy, lust, whininess, rage, resentment, and more on any given day. And when that's my behavior, I think He says, "Let me know when you're ready to talk."

No creature is hidden from Him. I can't run from Him. I can only lie to myself and think I'm hiding.

Right, so I can give Him the silent treatment.

I Am Naked and Exposed

Plus, I am naked and exposed. He sees it all. I can't dress it up. I'm naked.

What if instead, I repeat His words back to Him and say, "Lord, I know I am naked and exposed here. Every bone in my body wants to hide from you, but I won't because I know I am laid bare."

Furthermore, I need His help in the worst way, because I can't hide, and I must give an account to Him.

Ever been called into the bosses office? This is the nuclear version of that.

But, I have something. My defense, on the day of reckoning, is this: Jesus died for me and I trust in Him. I don't just trust a little; I trust one hundred percent in His work on the cross for salvation and nothing else. He paid it all.

So, there's no point in hiding my sin from God. In fact, the more I lay it down before Him, the more he helps me stop acting like a pagan. See, I'm His adopted child, His heir. And He promises that He is working on me. And I can trust that He's going to keep working and working and working on me. He paid the ultimate price for me, why would He stop working now?

Lord, teach me to lay down my sin before you every day. Heal me. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22