With the Lord - Psalm 18:28-31

 



Lord, you light my lamp;
my God illuminates my darkness.
With you I can attack a barricade, Or a ridge, or raiders
and with my God I can leap over a wall. Psalm 18:28-31

Stressful Life
The Lord lights my lamp. He shines light into my darkness. He does it. He didn't have to, but He called me out of darkness into His light.

I would be blind without Him. I know right from wrong. On most things. But on some, without His word, I would be lost in the darkness.

“I can attack a barricade,” the Psalm says. That's what the psalmist had to do. I don’t have anything THAT hard to do. And I don't foresee it coming.

But I have other real challenges. Sometimes life feels so stressful I could spit. God helps me deal with those difficulties.

How I Accomplish His Plans for Me

I'm thankful that I don’t have to leap over a wall. Now, if God was there when the Psalmist was doing God’s will, He is here for me when I’m trying to work it out. God chose me for a purpose, maybe not leaping over a wall, but He has plans for me. And He helps me accomplish them.

He strengthens and encourages me to handle things I don’t think I can manage. Nor CAN I manage without Him. I must have Him with me.

These verses tell me that I matter to God. He cares about my success in godly goals. Of course, if I’m stuffed full of ungodly desires, He’s going to let me work that out for myself (crash).

I can trust Him. I can ask Him for help. He delivers when I seem to have no hope at all.

He’s ready to help me. Today.

Lord, Light up my lamp, my thoughts, my way. Show me when I might make a mess of things. Help me keep a watch on my tongue. Give me righteous words when it is time to speak up. When I face things that overwhelm me, let me remember that you can help me leap over that wall. May I ask you for help. In fact, may I pray about everything. You show me over and over again that I matter. Blessed be the Name of the lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3