Spirit Wisdom - Ephesians 1:17

 



I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. Ephesians 1:17

I need wisdom.

Paul wrote this letter to the believers in the city of Ephesus. He is praying for all of them that they would have the Spirit of wisdom. 

And James says (James 1:5-6) that if I need wisdom to ask for it. And He will give liberally (but ask in faith with no doubting).

You know, I love to see what Paul prays for believers. This very thing that Paul requests for the Ephesian church is something I need too. I need the Spirit of wisdom. And I reason that if Paul prays this for believers, so can I for both myself and others. 

See, my thoughts can be so difficult to sort out. I often wonder if I'm thinking clearly. It can all feel so cloudy, varying from day to day.

Seeking God's Help

Yet I know that challenges to my ability to think clearly are God-ordained. It's these challenges that keep me reaching out to Him for help. Knowing that He loves to give his children wisdom is so comforting.

So much of my Christian life has been filled with confusion. I now suspect that in much of my life, I've tried to figure things out all on my own. I haven't sought God's help. Even on days when I write devotionals about how important it is to go to Him, I can find myself challenged greatly.

And it's God ordained.

Here's what I love. If Paul prays that people can have wisdom, it only makes sense that God gives it. And If James tells us to ask for it, God must be giving it out in bunches.

Lord, I know that you are a good God. My life can be filled with hurt. With difficulties. I see you repeat in your word that I can trust you. Not only that, you expect me to trust you. I am comforted when I remember that I am not God. And I should bring all of my difficulty to you. Lord, help me sort out my feelings and thinking today. Help me love my brothers and neighbors. Give me the Spirit of wisdom. Give me all I can handle! Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3