Out of the Riches of His Glory - Ephesians 3:16-17

 



I ask that out of the riches of His glory He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Then you, being rooted and grounded in love… Ephesians 3:16-17

Strengthen You

This verse says I am strengthened out of the riches of His glory.

I need that strength. I am not God. I serve Him. I need power to serve Him. It seems like I falter over and over and over.

I also can pray that other believers be strengthened. When I see a brother or sister hurting or weak, I get to ask that God strengthen them!

How? In what way?

OUT OF THE RICHES OF HIS GLORY!

I often zoom right past that idea. My strength comes from the riches of His glory. Knock me over with a feather.

There is plenty for all. (And I can pray that the believers around me get it too...)

With what do I get strengthened? With power through His Spirit in my inner being. This is treasure. More valuable than any chest that any pirate ever buried.

I am a believer, a disciple of the Lord. A follower. He is strengthening me with power through HIs Spirit in my inner being. What? How can I pay attention to what He is doing?

The reason for this miracle? I am being empowered so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith.

Strengthen You out of His Riches

And I am lacking in faith. But, He knows that! And He is strengthening me. Not just a little, but out of the RICHES of His glory. My faith is being strengthened. I am being empowered to believe and to do His will.

Dwell. There it is. This is life together. He stays. I don't live a double life. I am a believer. I am empowered. He dwells. Through faith.

This is so I can be humbly rooted and grounded. Not jumping all over the place in my faith and obedience. But rooted and grounded.

In love. To love the Lord, other believers, my family, and beyond.

This is progressive work the Lord does. How do I know? I'm inferring from the passage because Paul prays that this would happen in the lives of the Ephesian believers.

And if Paul prays, and this letter has been handed down to believers through 2 thousand years, this is something that CAN be true of me and believers in my church, my family, and across the land.

Lord, strengthen me in my inner being with this power. That I may do what you call me to do. That I may love. That I may see your work and do it. Show me how to pray for other believers.

Lord, for whomever reads this, bless them with this power. May they be equipped in their inner being with the full power of the Holy Spirit. Like when you did the miracle of the loaves and fishes there was plenty and more left over. Lord, show me and us how to do the work. And how to love doing it. How to know we are empowered. To trust you. Lord, strengthen my faith and our faith to believe this. Today. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3