I'm Rich - Titus 3:5-7

 



He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:5-7

He Scrubs Where Only He Can Reach

Why did He save me? Well, it wasn’t because of good works I have done. My good works are like building a house with rotten wood in a floodplain. My good works are only good because of Him. I can truly do good works because of the work He has done in me.

I would drown in my own yuck without His saving mercy.

He saw me and said there’s a man I’m going to clean from the inside out. He scrubbed where only He could reach.

He regenerated. That’s new life; He took a dead man and brought him to life.

How? By the renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Watch this: He POURED the Holy Spirit out RICHLY upon me. Richly.

We’re not talking he changed me a little. He did a full inside out job. I am clean. Now.

I am justified now. That knocks me over!

I'm An Heir

But He’s not done… He made me an heir. I am an heir right now. Now. Today. He has done it.

If this was not written in the word so clearly and you tried to tell me this, I wouldn’t believe you.

There is nothing small about being a child of the one true king. No sir. I have received His mercy. I am washed. I am regenerated. I am renewed. By an angel? By an apostle? By a prophet? No, the Holy Spirit himself has been poured out on me, richly. And by His grace, I am an heir. Come on? This is awe inspiring. It’s awesome!

And knowing these truths, I can bear much. I can trust Him BIG.

Lord, plant these truths in my soul. I want to KNOW them deeply. I humbly ask you to remove the doubts and lies that I hold on to. Teach me to think clearly about you. You have graciously given me all things. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22