I Will Heal Your Unfaithfulness - Jeremiah 3:22

 



Return, you faithless children. I will heal your unfaithfulness. “Here we are, coming to you, for you are the Lord our God. Jeremiah 3:22

Repair

Even believers sometimes act like faithless children. God knows me.

He has made a way to repair the relationship between Him and me. It is centered in the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus.

But it didn't stop there.

It's interesting that (at least in this translation) the verb for dealing with faithfulness is healing.

Healing.

Not punishing. Not breaking. Not Ignoring... Healing. But I must be careful. This healing is for me when I return, not before.

Return. What a beautiful word. We see this over and over again in the scripture. When His children come to Him wanting clean hearts, he responds with healing.

Mustard Seed Steps

The tragedy is that so few actually come to Him.

The message is this: I must not run from Him. And I don't need to fix everything first (but I need willingness). Sometimes I can be in so deep, all I can do is take a step toward Him. But He honors that, meets me, and helps me take more steps. One step becomes ten becomes a hundred becomes a thousand.

When my steps are honest, sincere, He's there. If I am playing games with Him, pretending to follow Him, He pressures me.

The more I take those faith-tiny, mustard seed steps, the easier they are.

What a promise: return, and I will heal!

The response, "Here I am. I am coming to You. FOR YOU ARE THE LORD OUR GOD."

In other words, all other actions are futile. Returning to Him is the only sane response when I find myself in the midst of insane faithlessness.

Return. He's right here. Right now.

Lord, when I am faithless, convict me. Give me the grace to run to you in repentance. When I do, restore to me the joy of my salvation. Renew a right spirit in me. I want to be faithful to you, today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3