You Work, God Works - Philippians 2:12-13

 



Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who is working in you both to will and to work according to his good purpose. Philippians 2:12-13

I'm learning to trust that He is at work in me.
God works in believers. I just want to mull over that. GOD WORKS IN BELIEVERS!

He works in me, yet I barely notice sometimes.

I'm all caught up in the first part of the verse that says, "...work out your salvation." I get worn out with the working out and the fear and trembling. Only because I forget about the second part that says God works in me for His good purpose.

And I can be like a sailor who tries to huff and puff his own wind into the sails. And here's the dumb part, I've been known do huff and puff when God is already providing the wind!

I'm learning to open my eyes to the fact that He is doing.

Be still and know...

Then, the working out my salvation with fear and trembling sounds more like this: take your salvation SERIOUSLY!

God is working here. Be still and know that He is working.

But believer, now that you know that God is working, pick up your sword, your trowel, your wrench, whatever your hand finds, and do it unto the glory of God. With joy!

I act. He does the work. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

I am His handiwork! I am created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He sets before me to do.

He laid the groundwork. I must open wide my eyes.

Lord, I want to see the work that you have set before me to do. Then, I want to have the faith and courage to do it. Help me be that man. Show me what it means to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. May I see the victory even in the smallest action. Take my mustard seed and let it grow. Show me how to open up my eyes. Grow my expectation of what I can do. Fill me with good desires and then fulfill them. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3