Not My Own Man - Titus 2:14

 



He gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to cleanse for himself a people for his own possession, eager to do good works.
Titus 2:14

Bought With Blood

Who am I in Christ?

I am redeemed by the blood of the lamb.

He gave Himself. That's not just words. That's gospel.

To redeem, that means He bought me.

I used to belong to lawlessness. That's a thought. I belonged to it. That's why I was dead in my sins and trespasses. It owned me.

Not any more. Hallelujah!

He is cleansing me to be part of a people for His own possession.

So I am still owned. But by Him.

I am not my own man. I never was. No one is.

I belong, all of me, to Him.

Sometimes I think I get to act like a sinner. But what a joke, right? I can't do it. It makes me miserable.

I belong, all of me, to Him. I'm His possession.

But is it miserable to do His bidding? Not even!

He fashions me a new heart, one that is EAGER to do His good. Eager.

That's an attitude change. When I am walking in the light, there is freedom, joy, discernment. There is wisdom. This begins to give me an inkling of what it would have been like for Adam and Eve to reject the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Walking with the Lord in the cool of the day.

Lord, I want to be eager to do your good works. Help me. When I don't feel eager, change me from the inside out. I am your man. May I rise up and agree with it every day. I surrender. I am not God. I serve You, my Blessed Redeemer. I desire to walk in the light. To confess my sin. To accept your love and forgiveness. To delight in You. Teach me, today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22