Jesus Is - Acts 4:12

 



There is no salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

Time and Time Again

Jesus is the only way to salvation. Just Jesus. That's it.

So what is this salvation?

It is being washed by Jesus, being made acceptable to the Father. It's preparing me for heaven. It's giving me what I need to prevail over sin and darkness in my life. It makes me part of His people, His church.

I need not go looking for salvation answers elsewhere. There is no other name...

Of course that does not mean that I don't listen to other believers. They have pointed me back to Jesus time and time again.

And I can and do learn important things from non-believers. Even things about how to think.

Only Jesus

It's good men who told me that I mattered to God when I had trouble believing it. They told me that He would heal me in this work of recovery and they told me how He had worked in their lives.

They told me that I needed to turn my life over to His care. They said it over and over. And I needed to hear it over and over.

Jesus saves. Only Jesus saves. Isaiah says, "All of us like sheep have gone astray; each of us has turned to his own way, but the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." This is what I believe.

Lord, may I seek you keenly. The scripture says that no one seeks you. You must open the door. Lord, throw the door wide open that I may seek you and only you. Today and all the days of my life. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22