Heart Peace - Colossians 3:15

 



And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Let is a funny word.

I believe in the Lord, that He died for my sins and rose again. These instructions from Paul are for me.

Let.

Funny word, let.

It means I do something. Let what?

The peace of Christ rule in my heart.

I don't know about you, but I have usually thought of peace in my heart as something that happened to me. Or mostly not happened. If I don't have peace in my heart, something happened to take away my peace. That's how I think.

I had a bad day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The stock market collapsed.

That all happened to me and ruined my day, right?

Philippians 4:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing."

So, I've missed something.

Let.

There's something I can do. I can let the peace of Christ rule in my heart. And the word let implies that it's easy. Like let the cat in. Or let me have a bite of that. Let.

That's profound. How do I do that?

He gives me the power.

First, I know that if the peace of Christ is not ruling in my heart, I must admit it. I'm a believer. A child of the one true king.

He has given me a gift here that I barely understand. I can do something to let this peace rule in my heart. He gave me the keys to the car here.

I know I must confess my sins, especially how I am not trusting Him. If I tell Him my weakness and ask Him to meet me in it, He will. I know it.

Admit my lack of peace. Confess sins. Ask Him to teach me how to do this. And it will happen.

I am a believer. He says this is what a believer can do.

Lord, show me today, how to let your peace rule in my heart. I miss this most of the time. I keep trying to fix things to make them right. Today, I'm asking for your help. Show me how to order my steps, how to behave, to have the power to let your peace rule in my heart. Show my family and friends too. May we learn it and live it. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22