Blessings for Believers - Deuteronomy 31:8

 



It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8

Is He With Me?

When I take a minute to look at what blessings I have as a believer, I am in awe!

Look at how this verse opens: the Lord goes before His people. He checks things out before I get there and this, for my good.

How many times I've really thought or acted like the the Lord must not be paying attention! I've felt like He didn't care about what was going on in my little life. That's my ignorance for sure.

He goes before me. Why? Because I am His child and He cares like that. And He sets things up as he sees fit, for His purposes.

There is no such thing as deism, the idea that God made it all but isn't really present. All of scripture speaks of His presence, His interaction with His people, the covenant, His care for His children.

He is with me. Now.

God Matters

I can think He is troubled with something more important, but He doesn't leave me. He's right here. In the room, engaged.

I'm the one who forgets that and disengages.

I've had friends whom I suspect weren't believers say to me, "What has He done for me lately?"

But sadly, as a believer, though I've never been that brazen, I've really thought the same. "Is He really here?" I've wondered. The bible answer, over and over, is yes.

But He does hide himself sometimes, especially when I've hidden myself from Him (when I've tried to hide anyway).

The world roars at God's people. God says, "I'm right here. I will not leave you, nor will I ever give up on you."

The world says that God doesn't matter. The believer knows He does. Not only does He matter, but it's the world that needs to be afraid of Him.

Of course, I'm to fear Him too. Believers aren't to play games with God. We are to deeply revere Him.

Lord, I know you ARE WITH ME. May that idea be anchored deeply in my soul and even when my world gets chaotic. May I never forget that you are right here with me. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3