Prayers Accomplish - James 5:16


Confess your faults to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man accomplishes much. James 5:16

The Healing Happens Progressively

I am a believer with faults. Hurts and hang-ups too.

So, recently I've found other Christian men with whom I can be open, with whom I pray. What a blessing!

I'm all healed now, right? Oh wouldn't that be nice! Apparently that's not what's best. The healing happens progressively. I'm not saying the Lord doesn't do it immediately sometimes. But often, He works more slowly, teaching as He heals.

What I can say for a fact is this: I am being healed. It is happening. I see it in others too.

In a few short months, I have seen God work in my life. Confession. Healing. Joy. These are part of my life. Daily.

But, oh, I'm not kidding, it seems so slow!

He says prayer works; but there are stipulations.

I had no idea, until I started to get serious, how much work needed doing. And I'm regularly amazed at how He keeps healing and working.

And I can pray. The Lord is enlarging my mental capacity of what prayer is and can be.

He says prayer works; but there are stipulations.

I must be a righteous man, one who does the will of God.

Am I righteous? Yes. It seems like such an arrogant thing to say! But He does it in me. Progressively. And I have my doubting days. Still, I talk to Him.

And some days, (even years) I've had horrible setbacks. Still, He worked on my righteousness. Even when I didn't.

Here's the miracle. My prayers accomplish much! I didn't believe this for so long. What a waste! He is bringing me around to trust in His word.

He makes me righteous. I pray. He works.

Lord, May I be honest about my faults, to you, to myself, and to others. Show me how to effectively pray for others. I want to be in the battle, wherever you put me. Continue to make me righteous. Teach me to pray fervently that my prayers may be effective. May my prayers accomplish much! Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22