Do I Have the Mind of Christ? - 1 Corinthians 2

 


“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. “For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 2:9‭-‬10‭, ‬12‭, ‬16

Freely Given

Does God love me? Yes. There's no question. Do I love Him. Yes. But I'm sloppy at it at best. Still, he keeps sanctifying me. Making me holy.

And I can't imagine what He has prepared for me and His church. I'm sure that applies to the afterlife, but it looks to me that the context here is more about the now.

He reveals things to me by His Spirit. He does. That's right. He does. This happens most directly through His word. But also through songs and discussions with believers. And listening to sermons. And even in prayer.

The Spirit searches ALL things. And He reveals things to me.

What is He revealing? The things he has freely given.

Freely given. I can get tripped up on a phrase like that. Hurt. Not in knowing it, but in not, knowing it. Not believing it down deep where it counts. What I have from God, He has freely given.

Do I ask enough?

I can't work for it.

But I can ask! Do I ask enough? Not even close. I don't have a clue, yet. But it is growing. It is happening. Inside of me. Deep. He is changing me. Even now.

The passage ends with this phrase: "We have the mind of Christ." I don't, don't, don't get it. Yet. Okay, I get a little bit of what that means. And it IS what God is doing in me.

I am not doing it. He is doing it. This is part of what happened when I first believed.

I want to believe this down to the deepest part of my soul. I desire for this truth (I have the mind of Christ) to inform my every thought and action. My every discussion.

It is a letter written to me.

I have the mind of Christ. How can I even grasp that sentence? But this truth was written by the apostle Paul. And handed down from one believer to another for the past 2000 years. It is a letter to me (and the whole church of course).

I emphasize that it is a letter written to me because I so easily think that this is not for me. It sounds so arrogant to say that I have the mind of Christ. But actually it is the opposite. Hey, I have the mind of Christ and act like I don't!

Ouch. That's a hard pill for me to swallow.

But I get to believe it today. I get to know it today. I get to think about this way down deep today even if I never did before.

Today, I have the mind of Christ. That's humble power.

Lord, today, reveal to me as much as I can handle, to understand and live what it means to have the mind of Christ. May your humble power flow from me to do your will. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22