He Helps the Fallen - Psalm 145:15

 



The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. 
Psalm 145:15

I am a believer who falls.

I am a believer who falls. I fall physically. I pick up something too heavy and hurt my back.

I fall relationally. I can show a lack of kindness where it would have meant so much to someone.

I fall spiritually. I fail to seek the Lord when He is right with me. (Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.)

I have spent so much of my life embarrassed by my falling, that I've tried to cover it up over and over again. When I cover, I corrupt the healing process; I create more pain, spreading it to my loved ones.

My pride says, "I should never fall."

But here's the good news (can you feel a brand new day!). The Lord helps the fallen. He does.

My pride says, "I should never fall." How much better it is to say, "I fell down today!" Rather than, "I'm good; nothing to look at here."

He helps the fallen. And even when I dig a hole for myself. He's still right there. Whispering sometimes. Cracking me gently over the head sometimes too.

He helps the fallen.

And lifts those bent beneath their loads. I need that lifting. I need that power. Sometimes, I just want to stay down, down, down.

He lifts. He rescues. He restores. He encourages. He loves me. I matter to Him. Today.

Lord, I need you. I feel fallen today. I don't want to get up. I don't want to admit my failure. I don't even want to reach out to You. Lord, forgive me. I reach out to you now. Help me not live in denial, but in hope and honesty. You are a God of love and hope. Lord shower me in love and hope. You've been teaching me to pray big. I'm asking. Show me how to pray big for my loved ones too. They need it. Lord, give us good desires and may we accomplish them. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22