Do It With All of Your Heart - Colossians 3:23-24

 


And whatever you do, do it heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. For you serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24

Practice His Presence

What a verse for a believer!

In whatever I do. WHATEVER.

Do it well? Just do it?

Nope. Do it heartily. (I'm picturing a bunch of medieval feasters singing around a large banquet table. Heartily. Okay, maybe that one's just me.)

Do it heartily for the Lord. To do things for the Lord, I need to practice His presence. I must remember He is with me. I am seeking Him. Praying.

And not for men. I don't want to read something into the passage that's not there, so I want to be careful. I know we do things for people. But we do it "as for the Lord" when we do it. We are not seeking their esteem.

Child Of The One True King

And we KNOW. Look at that word: I know. What? That I will receive a reward of the inheritance. I am a child of the one true king. Yes.

But rebellion can rear it's ugliness in my heart. Pride. Unrighteous anger. Doubt.

I am not God. I serve Him. I surrender. Today. Now.

This is one of these verses that can make my head spin. My eyes are wide open wondering, in an excited way, how He is going to do this in me. How am I going to do WHATEVER I do heartily as unto the Lord? How?

Honestly, I still go through most of my day forgetting that He is there. I'm asking Him to change that.

Lord, show me how to practice your presence. I want to know you are with me, hearing me, answering me. Enlarge my awareness of your presence. Then, give me the grace to do everything heartily as unto you. I am a believer. This is your instruction. I am powerless to carry this out on my own. Show me how to walk in the Spirit, in the light. Give me even a glimpse of how this can be real in my life. Fill me with hope overflowing. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22