Believers Confess Sin - Acts 19:18

 



Many who became believers confessed their sinful practices. Acts 19:18

It is not time to slink away from the Lord.

Believers confess sins. That means I tell the Lord how I have failed and disobeyed Him. 

Yesterday, I started the morning with "Rejoice in the Lord Always..."

And in the afternoon, found myself screaming at a child when a soft answer would have been sufficient.

That Rejoice Always stuff must be for someone else, right? Some super powered child of God, one who isn't always dropping the ball. 

No. It is for me for sure! Hey, I don't have it all figured out, but I know the Lord teaches me in His time. And His time is right on time. 

I know this: Now is not the time to slink away from the Lord with my tail between my legs, but to come boldly, with thanksgiving before the throne of grace. Now is the time to confess. To repent. Promptly.

I am not God. I serve Him. He loves me.

Like the orphan who gets adopted but doesn't believe it yet...

Now is the time to pray without ceasing. Especially when I've messed up. Now is the time to trust that Jesus is doing a work in me.

It takes a miracle to change a man, to reach down inside and take out that pride virus, to install a new program called humility.

It takes repetition. The file gets "corrupted."

I had to tell my children over and over to say please and thank you. For years.

I confess. The Lord has to keep telling me to be humble. Over and over.

I blew it yesterday. Jesus looked at me and said, "Come over here. Let's renew your humility right now. Today."

I am a child of the one true king. I'm kind of like that orphan who got adopted but doesn't quite believe it yet. So I recklessly test the Lord. Painfully.

He heals. Supernaturally.

Lord, give me the grace to confess my sins promptly. I rejoice. I pray. I thank you. I welcome your supernatural work in me. I welcome that cleansing that only you can do in me. I need the light. Now. Even though it hurts. Shine. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3