Intensifying Glory - 2 Corinithians 3:17-18


Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.- 2 Corinthians 3:17‭-‬18
God is a Spirit. And I welcome Him today. This morning. To work, to dwell, in me, with me, to work through me.

Why? Not because I am good or worthy, but because He chose me. And I reflect His glory.

That blows me away. In some sense, I reflect His glory. How can that be? I feel that I am always struggling to stand firm in the faith as it says in 1 Corinthians.

Even still, I reflect His glory. And this verse speaks to this process when it says, "We... are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory."

Being transformed. Intensifying. He is not done. It is a process. He works.

He made the universe and this world in six days. Yet, He is taking His time with me. Of course, He can do what He wants, when He wants, but He chooses to take all this time. He expects me to struggle through it and keep asking Him, to be devoted in prayer. To know that I am dust.

Still, in my silliness, I can have what I think is a good day and decide to coast. He doesn't coast. He works on me every day.

This intensifying glory comes from the Lord, who is a Spirit. 


Lord, I don't understand your glory. But you say this IS the work you ARE doing in me. So I agree with you. Intensify Your glory in me. Jesus, I welcome You to do your work. I look to how I may act in obedience as you work. It's all you. If it were up to me, I would mail it in. But, you keep working, deeply, changing that laziness. Making me new. Not my will, but Yours be done. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22