God Chisels on His Children - Ephesians 2:10




For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Things work out, even very painful things, in His time.

I am His workmanship. That means He put thought and wisdom into making me. He knew what He was doing when He made me, when He saved me, and made me new. I am now a new creation. I am being made a new creation. And one day in glory, I will be fully complete.

I have heard many testimonies of people who got saved and still struggled with their hurts, habits, and hang-ups. God kept working. They learned to keep coming to him over and over. And when they thought they were fully depending on Him, they realized they were still holding back something for themselves. 

God demands all. I know that sounds impossible; He makes it possible. 

He chisels away. Working, crafting. Wiser than Solomon. More talented than Michelangelo. 

Things work out, even very painful things, in His time.

I am His workmanship. Part of that is that He is teaching me, patiently.

Good works don't save me; He saved me so I could do them.

I was created for good works. But those good works don't save me. He saved me so I could do them. 

I used to get a cold feeling from that verse. Who wants to go around doing good works all the time? I thought, "Sounds so boring." The Adam in me rebelled against it. But the "changed me "wanted it badly. My heart struggles. I say struggle, but God is always there, working. He doesn't struggle; He works!

He changes my attitude. Good works now sound to me like being on a secret mission (Hey, that's how adolescent I still am!) He says - Go do that. He empowers me to do things I had no idea I could do.

Plus, He prepared these good works for me. He laid them out ahead of time. I must keep an eye out for them, ready to roll when I see them. 

Lord, open my eyes so I may see all these good works around me. Like that cell phone game where people go all over the community trying to pick them up. What if I and other believers searched for these good works that you have prepared. And may I not be jealous of someone else's good works but be fully satisfied with those you have laid out for me. Today. Lord, bring revival to us, to me. Revive our hearts, my heart. Our prayers, my prayers. Revive our desire to do good works. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3