Every Good Work - Titus 3:1-2

 



Remind them... to obey, to be ready for every good work, to slander no one, to avoid fighting, and to be kind, always showing gentleness to all people. Titus 3:1-2

Deep, Automatic Understanding

I want to have a deep, automatic understanding of who I am in Christ.

What does it really mean to be a Christian? It means to obey. Him for sure. And anyone whom He says I must obey. Is that easy? No. It plainly isn't.

But, the Lord molds us to do His will eagerly.

The verse says to be ready. For what? To do EVERY good work.

Uh...

I have a lot to learn. I am not, right now, ready to do EVERY good work. Still, I am a believer. This gives me an idea of what I can be. The Lord is building me. Every day.

Slander no one. I am still learning this too. Okay, I know it's ugly, but sometimes I run my mouth about other people. The Lord is building me. Every day.

Showing Gentleness

Avoid fighting. He is working on me. Today.

Be kind. Today.

Good. But now the verse really ramps it up; look at the words here... ALWAYS showing gentleness to ALL people.

If I ever thought that I had this Christian life figured out, this one verse destroys that notion. (He is building me.)

Always? All people? So, I should go off, knowing I am whipped, right?

No.

Why not? Because Jesus does this work in me. He does all of the heavy lifting. And He has chosen to not wave a magic wand over me and make me perfect all at once.

Conviction from the Lord is a blessing.
He uses life as a means to make me mature.

And He very much wants me to turn to Him... 'Therefore repent and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out, ' - Acts 3:19

What I say is this, conviction from the Lord is a blessing. When I feel it, I can immediately turn to Him. Now. I can change my ways now. Today. I don't have to wait. He is right here saying, "Let's do this."

Lord, help me see how exciting this verse in Titus is for me. I am looking at your architectural plans for my soul. Show me how to live like this. Starting today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22