I Want Patience, Now - Deuteronomy 7:22

 



The Lord your God will clear away these nations before you little by little. You may not make an end of them at once, lest the wild beasts grow too numerous for you.
Deuteronomy 7:22

Little By Little

I am a grateful follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a child of the one-true King. I am a sheep, and He is my shepherd.

And He doesn't always tell me where we're going. Nor how long it's going to take before we get there.

Mostly, I have my hands full being faithful today, now.

And I know for a fact that He is teaching me patience... "The Lord your God will clear away these nations before you little by little."

Little by little.

I want patience. And I want it now. I'm six years old in the back seat: "Are we there yet?"

In the verse He reveals a little bit about His motives. If He makes an end of your enemies immediately, the wild animals will grow too numerous for me.

My thoughts about who I am in Christ were skewed.

Now, usually, my enemies aren't Canaanites, or Philistines (and for that I'm grateful). My enemies tend to be the assumptions I made about my place in God's world when I was dealing with unfriendly classmates and dysfunctional parents.

And as I became aware that my thoughts and ideas about who I am in Christ were skewed, He said to me that He was going to handle this little by little. Why? Because that's actually better for me, healthier.

Patience is something I badly need. I want to be His ambassador. Impatient ambassadors don't represent well. I want to be all-in. But sometimes, I only get to work on the figurative Amalekites He has revealed to me.

It makes me more patient. That also means that I must have faith.

He is working in me today. I am not God. I serve Him, the risen savior.

Lord, I trust you right now. You are doing things in your time. If I had it all figured out right now, I might be overwhelmed with pride. Then, I would go back down the rabbit hole of sin and destruction. I wait on You. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3