Fulfill All Your Good Desires - 2 Thessalonians 1:11‭-‬12

 


We always pray for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling and with power fulfill all your good desires and works done by faith, so that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him... 2 Thessalonians 1:11‭-‬12

Praying For Believers

It is a blessing to get to draw near to God.

And I get to pray for other believers. This verse teaches me how I can pray for them, and more importantly what I can expect from God. When I say "expect" that might sound disrespectful. But what I mean is that He reveals through the apostle Paul what He wants me to ask.

1. I can pray that God counts you worthy of this calling.

2. I can pray that He fulfills ALL your good desires.

3. I can pray that He fulfills ALL of your works done by faith.

4. I can pray that Jesus be glorified in you.

5. I can pray that you be glorified in Him.

When I Pray

First, I can pray that God counts you worthy of this calling; there is a strong expectation that He answers that prayer. Worthy by His grace.

The next one is awesome. I get to pray that He fulfills ALL of your good desires. Of course that begs the question, are our desires good? If not, ask Him to change you right now.

Furthermore, don't you hate to work for nothing? (I do.) I get to pray that He fulfills all of your works done by faith. What are works done by faith? They must be the ones we do for the Lord, prayerfully in the Spirit, asking for His divine help. Are you asking for His help? Ask Him!

As a believer, I know that you want Jesus to be glorified in you, in your life, for your life to be a reflection of Him in you. I get to pray for this in you.

The last one in the list surprised me. He also wants you to be glorified in Him. Look, go back and read it again. I had to. This prayer means that you gain a godly benefit.

I can write this as a checklist for when I pray for believers.

Lord, I pray that you would fulfill these prayers in my family, in me, and in all believers who read these words. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22