Seek His Presence Continuously

 


Glory in His holy name; let the heart rejoice for those who seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continuously. - Psalms 105:3‭-‬4

What Did He Say?

I always knew I wanted to be a serious believer. Then, I'd see verses like this and my heart would sink. Here's why: the first part is fine, glory in His holy name, okay. Then, let the heart rejoice for those who seek the Lord. Still, I'm with it. Seek the Lord and His strength. Yes. I can do that.

Now here it comes. Seek His presence continuously. Wait. What did that say? It's like that verse that says - pray without ceasing. Apostles and prophets must not know me, nor the millions of other believers who know that this isn't possible.

So, I let these verses go in one ear and out the other.

But recently, I realized that God is talking to all believers.

God says, "Think Bigger!"

I am a believer. Jesus has saved me from my sins. That's not just a future thing that happens after I die. It's now.

With every expectation from God comes power to do. I know that's a big claim, but it's true.

I don't think big enough.

God says - think bigger! Why? Because what I think is big, is Him just getting started.

What does it mean to seek His presence continually? It means don't cut off contact, don't hang up the phone. When I think the conversation with the Lord is over, it's not. He created me to know Him.

My capacity to talk to God is enormously bigger than I know. Like when my child is in the room, and we've talked and gone on to something else, even though we are doing other things now, I don't forget that he is there. The connection continues. With God, the connection continues. I want to understand what that means.

Lord, grow my idea of what it means to seek Your presence continually. Change me. I don't want to go half. I want to know you are with me at all times. You say it can be done. Help me. I know you love to answer the prayers of your children. This is mine today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3