Jesus Paid



For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. - 2 Corinthians 5:21

Does Sin Define Me?

I am (positionally) righteous before God. He called me out darkness into His glorious light.

Sin does not define me. I am a believer. I am a lover of God, His word, and his church. Even when I feel like a mess, a sin slob.

Why? Because Jesus paid my sin debt in full.

But it's so much more. He died for me to do it.

The smell of my Adam flesh clings to me.

I am a believer even though I don't know how to do it. The smell of my Adam flesh clings to me. But it's just that, a lingering smell. See, all things are new.

Still, the Holy Spirit lovingly teaches me how to believe. How to love. How to suit up with the full armor of God.

Do I belong in this room? Yes! He paid my entry fee. I am dearly beloved.

I'm not perfect, yet I am being perfected. One day at a time. I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I get to claim that! I am His. And there is nothing better to be.

Lord, I only kind-of know how to live a righteous life. And I often try to muscle my way through it. I'm like that kid who wants to take the stairs to the top of the Empire State Building, and after five flights, I'm exhausted. But I can take the elevator. I can trust You Jesus and ask You to work miracles in me and my loved ones. Today. Now.


Lord work a miracle in me and my family. And in your so sleepy church. You are the author and perfecter of my faith. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3