You are Light in the Lord - Ephesians 5:8-10



For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth. Test and prove what pleases the Lord. Ephesians 5:8‭-‬10

For His Pleasure

I was once darkness. Now I am light in the Lord. That's not "Super Christian;" that is me. Paul is telling the whole Ephesian church that they are light in the Lord. 

I am light in the Lord. Yet, I only understand that a little bit. 

I know that it includes things like honesty, wisdom, and courage. All of which I feel I lack. But see, He has begun a good work in me. And by His grace, I desire for Him to keep doing it. Never stop!

Now what I think is happening is that the Lord is growing a capacity in me for these things, but I don't always see it. He is making me good. He is making me honest. He is making me righteous. 

Why? For His own good pleasure. That’s why. He shows what He can do with me, and then, others get excited about what He can do for them. 

Goodness, righteousness, and truth. These are the fruit of this light in me. 

It Pleases the Lord When

Test and prove what pleases the Lord. That sentence needs its own study for sure. God tells us things. He writes them down in the Bible. We can read it. We can understand what He wants. For instance, I know that He wants me to depend on Him. Anyone even reading through the bible for the very first time will see it over and over again. 

I know, without a doubt, that it pleases the Lord when I depend on Him. So I can step out in faith, depending on Him, waiting on Him, and seeing what He does. That’s testing and proving. We all get tested. And one of the ways I get tested is seeing if I will turn to Him when the stress bucket splashes in my face. 

If He says it, I can live like this is true. I can know what pleases the Lord and be about that

I can. He defines me. He empowers me. It is supernatural. 

He is working in me even when I have no clue that He is. 

Lord, You say that I am light. That I am to walk as a Child of the light. Give me the grace to do that and to encourage others to do the same. May I trust you, wait upon you, and watch what you do. Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3