Transformed - Romans 12:2


Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2 BSB

Daily Renewal

I am a believer. Though I am tempted to be worldly, I am in fact not. Do I fail at that. Yes. Yes. But the Lord, encourages me to know that I don't need to be shaped by the world. His way is for me to renew my mind.

I know that renewal of my mind must happen daily. But, I so want to be one and done. I prayed. I'm done. I sought the Lord; He answered me. Done.

That is not the way it works.

Is life one and done with my kids or my wife. No. It's daily. For years, decades. Maybe half a century or more.

No one and done. It's a daily renewal of my mind.

How can I do that? Well, I can read scripture. I can enjoy fellowship with believers. I can read books written by godly men. I can listen to sermons preached by godly pastors. I'm living in a time of access the world has never seen before.

And there are also more temptations at the push of a button than ever in life.

Still, there are more sermons and podcasters who speak righteously at my fingertips too. I have more tools to renew my mind that are instantly available than ever before. Ever. There are also musicians and singers who praise the Lord. I can fill my mind, renew it with so much.

I also must spend time in prayer. Prayer is not just a time when I speak to God. It is a time where God speaks to me. I'm not saying that I hear Him saying words to me. I am saying that thoughts of conviction, peace, joy, love, forgiveness and more come to me in prayer.

Equipped

Why do I need to not be conformed to the world, shaped by it? Why do I need to renew my mind?

Because if I don't, I won't be equipped to know the will of God. If I don't renew my mind, worldly influence will cause great confusion. The will of God will not be clear to me.

I am a believer, so I desire to know the will of God. To know the will of God, I must not be conformed to the world, but my mind be renewed. Over and over and over again. Daily.

This word from Paul says that this is what believers do. I am a believer. This is who I am in Christ. I can do it. He says so. I believe him.

I am not satisfied with being less than a whole Christian. The scriptures over and over tell me how powerful I can be. Humbly powerful to do the will of God.

Lord, may I not be conformed to the world. You died and nailed my sins to the cross. May I be transformed by the renewing of my mind. May I know your perfect will. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3