Carry it On - Philippians 1:6

 

I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

I Am Light

I am a believer. God loves me. He has called me out of the darkness into His glorious light. 

I love God. I surrender to Him today. 

And He works. When I pray, He is already at work. He is everywhere present at the same time, so sure, He is in Heaven, working and ruling, but He is right here. Right now in this place. Working. On me. 

He is patient with me. He knows I am dust. (Psalm 103:14)

He has already justified me in the courts of heaven. But the cleansing process takes a long, long time. It took a year to prepare Esther for the king. The Lord is taking a lifetime to prepare me for His court. 

And there are days when I feel like I have blown it so badly that He is done with me. Or that I never was his. That's a lie from the dark. But I was once darkness. NOW I AM LIGHT. (Ephesians 5:8)

For His Purposes

He is not finished with me. He is making me new. On going. 

And this is not so I will simply feel good and look good. He is preparing me for His purposes. He is preparing me for battle. Today's battle and ones to be fought in the future. I am a warrior. 

He will keep working in me. Look at David who stole a man's wife and then murdered him to cover it up. God wasn't finished with him. Look at Solomon who chased ungodly women, maybe for most of his life, and God brought him back around to write the book of Ecclesiastes. 

Look at Moses who wriggled to get out of doing the Lord's will, or Jonah. He wasn't finished. He used them mightily. 

He has begun a good work with me. He is not done!

Lord, I pray that you keep doing what your scripture says you are doing. Keep doing your work in me. You are faithful all the time. I surrender to you. I serve you today.  Blessed be the name of the Lord. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3