Where is the Lord Who Brought Us Through the Wilderness? - Jeremiah 2:6

 



They stopped asking, “Where is the Lord who brought us from the land of Egypt, who led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and ravines, through a land of drought and darkness, a land no one traveled through and where no one lived?” Jeremiah 2:6

Spirits in a Material World

Believers must reach out to God. I must constantly remember that I am a spirit in a material world. I know The Police sang that, but they probably meant something different.

When I forget that I am a spiritual being, I act like flesh, driven by desire, selfishness.

When I seek the Lord, I am acknowledging that God is real. He's here. He is who He says He is.

This verse suggests that we feel separated from Him sometimes.

He says to ask, "Where is the Lord."

Then there's this list of things God did. Why is that important?

Not only must I remember that I am spiritual and that I am reaching out, seeking God, I must only reach for the one true God.

Jesus Is

I can make up my own God so easily. One that appeals to my pride, my wants, my desires. I am good at making up my own God to worship.

As believers living after the life of Christ, it's important to lists details about Jesus. He lived, died on the cross for my sins, and rose again in power on the third day.

There are other details I can add, like that He is the creator who made everything in six days and said it was good. That men fell from grace. That God made a way for us to be reconciled to Him.

And we can even say that He's the one who brought Israel up out of Egypt.

This is the God we seek. Not a demon pretending to be God, not one of my own imagination. The Lord God Eternal makes the laws. I am not God. I serve Him. I surrender to Him today.

Lord, I seek you. I ask you where you are. I turn to you. Today. You made me and the world. You died on the cross, which I believe and hold to. You nailed my sins to that cross. I am clean before God the Father through your work. I follow you. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

Making Wise - Psalm 19:7

Do Not Be Agitated - Psalm 37:7-8