Lord Do Not Scold Me in Anger - Psalm 6:1-3

 


Lord , do not rebuke me in your anger; do not discipline me in your wrath. Be gracious to me, Lord , for I am weak; heal me, Lord , for my bones are shaking; my whole being is shaken with terror. And you, Lord — how long? Psalm 6:1-3

Struggles That Overwhelm Me

I have trials as a believer. Who doesn't?

A friend recently told me that I sounded conflicted and worried. He was right! On any given day, I can be.

I look to the Lord every day to level my path. On some days I am so worn down that my struggle with my own emotions work me over.

Faith is an issue for me. Not so much in the big picture; it's the day to day struggles that overwhelm me. I can feel very close to God and far from Him on the same day. I can know He has saved me yet have trouble trusting Him in the moment.

When life happens, I can get upset, resentful, even angry with God.

Yes, I am weak. But I am growing! God is teaching me every day.

I Get to Ask Him to Be Gracious to Me.

But, I really do have bad days. I very much need to pray on those days, pray in the Spirit. I need to ask Him to not rebuke me in His anger, like King David asked.

I get to ask Him to be gracious to me. Not because I deserve it, but because I'm His child.

I get to ask Him to heal me. Heal me from anything that ails me.

He answers however He will. Yet I remember that I matter to Him. All of His children do.

I remember to let the peace of Christ rule in my heart. He hears. He responds. He heals. He loves me.

I am not God. I serve Him.

Lord help me today in my weakness. I know you care. Teach me to reach out to you every day. I need your loving kindness. Today. Graciously give me guidance that I may walk in the light. Fill me with humble power that I may see the good works you have put before me. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3