I've Been Blessed With Every Spiritual Blessing - Ephesians 1:3

 



Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

It Pleased Him

Who am I in Christ? This verse gives an answer.

This is one of those read-it-slowly verses.

He has blessed me with EVERY spiritual blessing in the heavens in Christ.

Every blessing?

Seriously, every?

What?

Why? What did I do to deserve such a blessing?

Nothing. Jesus died for me? Why?

Because it pleased Him to choose me.
 
Every blessing? Really?

I don’t think I understand this very well.

Now, for sure, there are days that I don’t feel blessed with every spiritual blessing. But it’s not about my feelings. It’s about what Jesus has done.

See, I think my Christian life as been so much about remembering what Jesus did on the cross. And that is primary for sure. But I’ve taken but little notice of what all that entails.

One thing is this: I’ve been blessed with every spiritual blessing. Every. I’m not making this up. It says it right there in the verse!

Live in the Spirit

And how about this: Paul was writing this at a time when Roman persecution of the church was ramping up. Still. Every spiritual blessing.

Wait, okay, there’s the catch. Spiritual blessing. It’s not a real blessing, it’s some hard to understand thing that only monks really comprehend, right?

No. As a believer, I am to live in the Spirit, not in the flesh. Regularly. All the time. And this is something I can do. How do I know? Because the New Testament repeats it over and over again (see Romans 8 for instance).

My take on it is this. I can understand this. And the more I grow in Christ, the more I’ll understand it and live it.

Lord, help me understand what it means to be blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing. And empower me to live that way. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22