I Lift Up My Soul - Psalm 25:1-2


To You, O Lord , do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; may I not be ashamed; may my enemies not triumph over me. Psalm 25:1-2

Trust

Believers in Jesus turn to Him. They share their lives with Him.

When I'm feeling down, it is easy to do the opposite. I typically want to zombie-out. Pretend that everything is okay. Hey, I don't want people to ask questions, right?

The Psalmist says he lifts his soul to God. That is saying, "Here I am Lord. I am yours. I surrender."

"And I trust in You."

Why does that bible repeat this over and over again? Trust in Jesus. Trust the Lord. Trust God. I bet it says it 150 times (I'm guessing). Why the repetition?

Maybe his people need to keep hearing it. Maybe it's very easy to quit trusting Him. I need to hear it over and over for sure. I easily run right back to that horrible place where I wall myself off, but pretend like I have it all handled. Not depending on Him.

Not Ashamed

I must trust. When I'm trusting, I am saying, "I am not God. I follow You."

Trusting in Him leads to not being ashamed. Trusting Him is believing His words. Trusting Him is laying things down before Him in prayer. In trusting Him, I take my fearful thoughts and instead of turning them over and over in my mind, I tell Him what these thoughts are. I ask for His help.

I don't want to be ashamed. I want to be encouraged. I want to be filled with the Spirit. I want to be the light that He has ordained me to be.

Regularly.

Do I have enemies? Probably. People that want to do me harm? I'm sure there are those. I am blessed to not live in constant fear of enemies.

Still, I think that most of my enemies are in my own head, my own thoughts. They tell me that God is not listening. That these scriptures must be meant for a more mature Christian. The Lord says, "No my son, they are for you. Today."

Lord, I trust you. I believe your words, now. I am not God. I serve You. Blessed be the Name of the Lord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3