Confess - Psalm 32:5

 



Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not conceal my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord ,” and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah - Psalm 32:5

Mercifully Convict

A prayer which I pray for myself, my friends, and my family goes like this:

Lord, may they seek your face. May you mercifully convict them of sin. May they repent and accept your love and forgiveness. May they delight in you. May they find joy in the work of their hands.

Why do I pray that? Because, for so many years, I did not acknowledge much of my sin. Well, only the "big" stuff that clobbered me over the head. I kept "smaller" sins to myself. I denied them. Not verbally to others but to myself. I excused myself or justified my thoughts. And when those "little" sins built up, unconfessed, they became a burden too heavy to bear.

But what if I was open to God's conviction?

What if I don't do the dance of denial, but instead seek His face; I begin to have a real relationship with God. But if I'm always trying to hide like Adam in the garden, the interaction between Jesus and me is shallow at best.

He Forgives Right Now

The psalmist says, "I ...did not conceal my iniquity.

I think this was a relatively easy thing for me to start doing once I realized my denial. Once I knew I wanted to be open. Now, I'm finding it easier to seek the Lord. I feel convicted, I tell Him how I am missing the mark.

And He forgives, now, the relationship is restored.

That's what the verse says.

I find it so interesting that over and over again in the bible, when God chastises His people, He tells them that they refused to turn to Him. Even when He sent numerous prophets to tell them to turn toward Him.

He wants us to turn to Him. What's the downside?

There isn't one.

Lord, may I not live in denial. May I walk in the light. May I be filled with the Holy Spirit. May I not hide my transgressions from you. Heal me. Teach me holiness. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22