Throws All My Sins Into The Sea - Michah 7:18-19

 



Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:18-19

He Pardons

I am a child of God. Still, I can work up some real worry about my standing with God.

I've found that I must remind myself regularly, with His word, where I stand.

This verse clearly states God's compassion toward me (written hundreds of years before Jesus lived).

He pardons iniquity: sin. He passes over transgression: more sin. For the remnant of His inheritance. That's believers, those who still believe, who still love Him even after so many have fallen away. So many seem to have fallen away today too.

When the people in the land turn to evil and call it good, God acts. His actions effect even believers. The rain falls on the just and the unjust.

But He doesn't stay angry. Why?

He Delights in Steadfast Love

His character is this: He delights in steadfast love. That's who He loves being.

When I feel chastised, disciplined by God, it's for a season. He wants to shower compassion on me, and He does it. He shows it over and over again.

The verse says that He treads my sin underfoot. He's cleaning me up. He's making me new. He leads me.

He casts my sin into the depth of the sea.

I must have that renewal. I need His love, His compassion, His forgiveness, and His steadfast love. I need His healing. Today.

Lord, I come to you knowing that I struggle with sin. I do. I do the very things I don't want to do. But you say there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I am. Lord fill me with your Spirit. Show me how to walk in the light and delight in you. Fill me with good desires and fulfill them! And do more than I can ask or imagine. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3