The Lord is Good to Those Who Wait for Him - Lamentations 3:25‭-‬26

 



The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the person who seeks him. It is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. 
Lamentations 3:25‭-‬26

He Is Working

Waiting. Patience. I so need this gentle reminder.

Waiting implies trust (I know He is working).

In my flesh, I can rush into confusion and make a mess (I don't see Him working; I'll take over).

How about if I slow it down and wait (Lord, I know you are here).

I am not used to waiting, to resting, to listening.

I need this verse.

It says, "The Lord is good to those who wait." What a simple thing to do. Why is it so hard? 

The Lord says hold on.

He's handing things.

Listening to God

Waiting also seems to imply prayer. Listening in prayer.

Part of this waiting is seeking Him. How many times I've looked for something for 20 seconds only to declare I couldn't find it. Then, another walks up and actually seeks and finds it. That's embarrassing.

Seeking implies effort and patience. I don't want to be the embarrassed 20 second guy when I'm seeking the Lord!

It is good to wait He says. How backwards I've often had that.

I can be so impatient. The Lord says wait. Slow down. Seek. Pray. Trust.

He asks me to do it. That means I can. I trust Him that I can. Today.

Lord, teach me how to wait like this. Teach me to seek. Teach me to trust. Help me to confess my shortcomings. I offer to you my little mustard seed of faith today. I know you make miracles out of little. You made man out of the dust of the ground! You fed thousands with a few bits of food. You turned water into wine. You healed, healed, and healed again. Lord, I surrender to you. Teach me how to serve you. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3