Repel Anxiety - Matthew 6:33‭-‬34

 



But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:33‭-‬34

Trusting Jesus

This verse summarizes my desire today. Seek first His kingdom. Trust Him. Anxiety goes.

Believers trust Jesus. Still, I must daily reset my trust. If I don't, I shoulder my own burdens. This adds to my worry. One day without trusting Him leads to another day and to another.

And the devil pounces on that. He's like a cat waiting at a gopher hole. Thank the Lord that he's on God's leash.

Worry on top of worry, I dog paddle the ocean deep.

But I don't have to do that ever again. Ever.

Filling My Mind With True Things About Jesus

I can simply seek Him and His righteousness. Trust Him. And not be anxious.

What does that look like?

"Be still and know that I am God," He says. That's prayer. That's trust.

That's filling my mind with His truth. That's seeking His face, repenting of sin, trusting His love and forgiveness. That's whatever my hands do, I do for Him. That's delighting in the Lord.

One day of trusting Jesus leads to another which leads to another by His grace. I can cast all of my cares on him, because he cares about me. He wants to give good gifts to His children, to me. I want to receive His good gifts.

Lord, may I always reach out to you. May I always realize that I need you. May I never rush out to take on the world in my own strength. For I will be shaken. Lord, listen to me. Be gracious. Be my helper. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3