Raining Righteousness - Hosea 10:12

 



Sow righteousness for yourselves

and reap faithful love;

break up your unplowed ground.

It is time to seek the Lord

until he comes and sends righteousness

on you like the rain. Hosea 10:12

Out of Darkness

I believe in Jesus. He called me out of the darkness into His glorious light. Amazing love!

Because of that, I can sow righteousness.

It's not about being self-righteous. Any righteousness I live out comes from the one true God because He rescued me from death and destruction.

And so I can sow.

Now, I get to reap faithful love. What? I get to!

Faithful love. What is that? That is love that doesn't shy at the moment things get hard or ugly. He keeps loving.

Now the next part of the verse is parallel to the first statement. Break up your ground, plow it. Work it. But this is about planting righteousness, not grain.

That suggests that righteousness starts tiny, a seed. I only start with a little. I break up the ground, plant a seed. That's all I have. He gives me the grace to do what He puts in front of me.

I do a little; He does much.

Then, the righteousness comes in showers of rain.

He works it in me. I do a little; He does much. I give a fish and a loaf of bread; he feeds 5000 people.

I'm like a toddler trying to dance. He takes that little bit and makes it grow.

Now, righteousness can come. Trust Him with a little, He responds with much.

Draw near to God (because he put the desire, the eagerness inside of me), and He draws near to me.

Lord, I feel weak. Let me not shy away from giving the little bit I have. May I trust you with that and give it. Teach me how to sow this righteousness. Then, Lord make it RAIN righteousness. And, let me spread it all around. Make me humbly powerful. Teach me to use the weapons of this warfare in a way that meets the enemy where He works. Make me bold to be righteous. Joyful. Loving. Prayerful. Lord, fill me with good desires and fulfill my good desires. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22