In God's Time - 1 Timothy 6:15‭-‬16

 



God will bring this about in his own time. He is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings, and the Lord of Lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see, to him be honor and eternal power. Amen. 
1 Timothy 6:15‭-‬16

He keeps Working on Me

Impatient. Rude. Temperamental.

Those can all describe me. Yet, I'm a child of God. He loves me and keeps working on me.

I forget sometimes that He certainly is still working. I've made the mistake of thinking that I'm over here in a corner somewhere and I'm not really on God's radar.

Wrong. He loves me. When you love someone, they are always on your radar.

The thing is: He brings things about in His own time.

He gets to. He's God. I'm not. He alone is immortal and lives in unapproachable light. He knows everything. I am His and the sheep of His pasture, not the other way around!

I've made the mistake of thinking that I know better than Him. I've questioned His timing.

"Why did He let things get so bad?"

"If only He had..."

This is foolish of me. (Help me Lord!)

I can't understand His beautiful timing.

I will rarely understand His timing. He is the only Sovereign, King of kings, Lord of Lords. He alone is immortal... Of course I can't understand His beautiful timing.

I follow Him. Not the other way around.

Psalm 103:2-4 Bless the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy...

I am blessed to be His today. I'm blessed that I matter to Him.

Lord, I want to be patient even when I don't understand your timing. I want to remember that you are working. I want to know deep down where I'm never going to forget it that you love me. I ask that you lead me to the pool of humble-power. And when it gets dark, may I remember your steadfast love and mercy. Teach me Lord. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3