At God's Throne of Grace - Hebrews 4:15-16



For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in every way as we are, yet without sin. Therefore, let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

Inner Fight

I am a blessed believer, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Dearly loved.

And I am weak.

It seems like every day there is some kind of inner fight. Anger, grief, jealousy. And there's the pride, every single day. It's almost like I need to do a regular pride check. Like the dash light that tells me that my tire is low, I need a humility check.

And Jesus, the King of kings, sympathizes with my weakness. This is particularly hard for me to internalize. I can have a wrong-headed message in my head that says, “You’re on your own here.” Or, “You need to go to the spiritual gym and workout to make yourself worthy enough to come to God; then, He’ll pay attention to you.”

Lies. Deep, destructive, deceptive.

Mercy

See, He beat sin, so he helps me with mine. The thing is that I need to bring it to Him and not try to bury it. Nor do I need to get rid of it first. I must admit it!

As an adopted son of God, I have a key. It's a key to the throne room.

How much I want to remember that I am in His throne room when I pray! How easy it is for me to forget. In fact, how easy it is for me to never think about it, but to simply speak words to Him. And He hears those. But I'm right at His throne when I talk to him.

I'm like Queen Esther who risked coming before the throne, only it's better because there is no risk. In fact, I can come with boldness to this throne of grace.

I come to receive mercy.

I'm a believer, yet I still need mercy. And I need His grace. Today.

Lord, I am blessed beyond words that you invite me into your throne room. Help me turn to you quickly, to not try to throw my sin off my own shoulders, but to ask for your power. I need it. I want to be all-in. May I be counted worthy of this calling. Help me to quickly repent of my sin. Then, may I fully accept your love and forgiveness. So that I may delight in you fully. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3