To The Light - John 3:19-21




For everyone who does evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that it may be revealed that his deeds have been done in God. John 3:19-21

Walking in the Light

Believers come to the light. I am a believer in Jesus, the light. I am a child of the light (1 Thess 5:5). I want to be in the light as He is in the light.

Yet, I don't always feel so "lighty." I can feel so foggy.

One day, I can feel like I've stepped into the light. No denial. Honest. Walking in the Spirit.

The next, I feel like a vampire when the sun comes up. But He keeps working.

The verse says that he who does the truth comes to the light, that it may be revealed that his deeds have be DONE IN GOD.

Like a Sailboat Taking Credit for the Wind



My confession: When I walk in the light, I so much want to take credit! It is a constant struggle for me to be humble. I've been learning that when this pride comes on, to confess it and ask God to handle it. He is faithful.

My deeds have been done in God. I am not all that. I am not God. I serve Him. I surrender to Him. He moves me.

(Yet, I can act like a sailor taking credit for the wind.)

When I've faced my own messiness and been honest and walked into the light, it's painful at first. But slowly, it becomes like a sauna or a hot shower.

The Lord warms me to the bone.

I want to walk in the light. Today. No hiding from God. No taking credit for what He has done. I want to be filled with humble power.

Lord, may I not try to foolishly hide from You. May I willingly walk into the light, allowing you to expose my sin, first to myself. Then, may I confess to others who care about me. May I 100% know and affirm that my goodness is built by you, empowered by you, used by you. Lord give me the discernment to see the works you have put before me today. Make my path straight. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3