Seeker - Matthew 7:7-8



Seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

My seeking is motivated by my pain.

I have not been a seeker. I've been a waiter. I've waited. But God is changing me. I am becoming a seeker. Little by little. My seeking comes out of my own pain at first. Then, the Lord opens my eyes and I see more.

Do I seek with all of my heart and with all of my soul? Sometimes, I think. But the Lord is seeking me. And I am responding more and more. He is calling and I am not turning a deaf ear; I am listening. Now. Today.

I am asking. Today. Right now. I repent for not seeking in the past. And now, I am asking. Now, I am seeking. Today, I knock.

Everyone who asks, receives.

And the Lord says that EVERYONE who asks, receives. That is me. I am part of everyone.

The one who seeks finds. I am seeking. Now. I am seeking.

And I am doing it over and over. And if I do not hear a response today, I will not assume that He is not listening. I will not assume that He is too busy to hear me. I will assume that He is working on something wonderful. Something that I can't see. Because I am not God.

I serve Him.

Lord, I ask for the salvation of all of my children and grandchildren. I ask that you would be in their faces every day. That they must respond to you.

Lord, I ask that you give me the grace to be a godly Father who listens and gives good gifts to my children.

Lord, I ask that you give me the grace to love my wife and give myself for her.

Lord, I pray for my friends who love you. That you would spark in them, today, a hunger and thirst for righteousness.

I pray that my friends and family would seek your face, your will, your word, that they would be convicted of their sin and repent, that they would accept your love and forgiveness, with joy, and that they would delight in you. Today.

Blessed be the Name of the LORD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3