Is God Trustworthy? - Psalm 146:5‭-‬6

 



Blessed is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faithfulness forever... Psalms 146:5‭-‬6

My Hope Is In The Lord

I am a blessed believer. Why? Because I have the God of Jacob for my help.

My hope is in the Lord. Today.

I've learned the hard way. When my hope is in me or some wonderful opportunity, I can sink into some messy depths when things don't turn out "right."

God usually doesn't tell us what's behind the door when we trust Him. Joseph, in Genesis, got sold into slavery, and thrown into prison, for years. And God raised him up to be the second most powerful man in Egypt, even in the whole region.

My hope must be in the Lord. I don't know what He has in mind. It's His plan, not mine. My own plans are at best a prayerful guess at His plans.

Solid Reasons To Hope In Him

And there are solid reasons to hope in Him. He made heaven (and everything else).

Whoa! He did that, and the scripture tells me that I get to hope in Him! Me, the one who can easily mess things up, gets to hope in the one who made heaven. He reminds me of things like this day after day.

Having my hope in the Lord is the right thing. Even when my hope is shaky, he helps me. Especially when I ask for His help.

I was reading a book about prayer recently. It put it like this: Pray about EVERYTHING. That includes my hope. My faith. Pray in the midst of my hurt. Pray about everything. I can trust Him with all.

How does He respond? The Psalm says that He keeps faithfulness forever. What does forever mean? When it's used in the Bible, it isn't just a puffy word like in some over-produced love song: "I'll love you forever."

I get to hope in the only one who can actually say that he loves me forever, who keeps His faithfulness forever. The only one.

Blessed is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faithfulness forever... Psalms 146:5‭-‬6

Lord, you are my help. My hope is in you. You made me and everything. You are faithful forever. I need your direction, your help, and conviction. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22