He Wants Me to Ask - Psalm 143:11

 



Revive me, O Lord, for Your name’s sake, for Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble. Psalms 143:11

I don't want to admit it...

Sometimes my prayers are quick. Sometimes they are thought out. And sometimes they come from a deeply felt hurt.

Yet, I have often failed to pray even when I was feeling those deep hurts. Why?

Probably my pride. I don't want to admit it when I'm laid low. I want to act like I've got it all together, even in front of God. I get embarrassed. I must bring that embarrassment to Him and confess it.

He knows it all anyway. Why do I hold back. Something about sin and hurt make me want to hide, to pretend even. To deny.

He displays His righteousness...

He wants me to ask Him for help! The Lord of glory. The King above all kings. Wants ME to ask for His help.

He loves it. He isn't interested in me working through all of this without Him -- work, work, work without the grace. That's not Him.

The Psalm above says "...for Your righteousness' sake, bring my soul out of trouble." In helping me, He displays His righteousness because He is being true to His promise. He is taking care of His child.

And in my pride, I wish I didn't need His help. But I do. Regularly. And I'm not sure how, but I don't wear Him out! One day, I'll learn to start by coming humbly instead of running off. I'm a work in progress.

Because this is a Psalm, it was meant to be sung (or chanted) over and over again until His people had it rooted in their heart. I need this. How many times I've had a song come back to me when I didn't even know I needed it! What a blessing is this Psalm!

Lord, revive me today. Meet me. For the glory of Your name, bring my soul out of trouble. I set my worries, my hurts, before you now. Forgive me for thinking I can do this by myself. I can't. I need you. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22