Give You Peace Always - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

 



Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Paul Knows the Lord's Power

The Lord says don't be shy about my requests! Right? Here's what I mean...

This is a prayer, written in a letter to a church from the apostle Paul.

Look at this prayer. "May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace ALWAYS IN EVERY WAY."

I can't tell you how many times I have rushed through these verses, never pausing to understand what they are teaching me about prayer and how powerful it is.

We know from scripture that prayer is powerful. We know we can pray for others, in this case, other believers.

Paul is not timid; He knows the Lord's power.

Over-The-Top Request

First, He establishes that he is asking the Lord of peace. That means he is going straight to the top with his request. He is asking the One who can actually deliver on the request. He's asking that they be granted peace from the Lord of peace.

And this is amazing: he asks that the Lord will give them peace ALWAYS.

I'm stunned. I've held back so much in my own prayers. Asking for ALWAYS is really pouring it on. Right?

(I feel like I'm in the middle of a T.V. ad here... "And that's not all!")

He intensifies the already over-the-top request. He is asking that the Lord of peace will give them peace always IN EVERY WAY! I get to ask BIG.

I am both excited and convicted by this.

Lord, I ask that you would teach me how to pray like this. May I learn how to ask for this kind of abundant peace for all the believers I know. May I BELIEVE in your infinite power. Paul is teaching me to ask, ask, ask. Lord, give my believing friends peace. My pastor, my wife, my children, the people I go to church with, the people I study the scripture with, the people I work with, and EVERYONE who reads this text. Teach me how to pray like this EVERY day! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22