When I Matter to God

 



...you are of more value than many sparrows. - Matthew 10:31

The Lord values me. That is worth a moment of thought.

...your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. - Matthew 6:8

He knows my needs before I ever even ask. He's working on me already.

..this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. - 1 John 5:14

He DOES hear me. I matter to him.

...to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think... - Ephesians 3:20-21

Not only does He know my needs and want to answer me, the manner in which He answers is to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think (I can think up a whole bunch). He's saying don't be shy. ASK!

...with God all things are possible. - Matthew 19:26b

And his power is full up, full on, with more to spare than I can ever wrap my mind around. And that's all believers, in all time put together. He is power. He created everything that I think is power. Who am I asking? The almighty.

So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. - Luke 11:9-10



Jesus tells me to ask. He gives. He says seek... That's more intense. This implies that even though I might not see an answer yet, He works. And He says knock. Much more intense! How often have I let up? Many times. I'm learning to keep at it.

It's not like I wave a magic wand and poof, He magically does it. It's a talk I have with God. While we talk, He helps me to understand His will, bit by bit. I'm like a child. I don't know what I should or shouldn't ask for yet. He patiently brings me along.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3