Those Who Walk On the Way

 



And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray. Isaiah 35:8

Christ has made me clean, so I get to use it.

This verse is new to me. I've read it before, but I never really noticed it.

I like it because I'm in it.

It's about a highway. The unclean can't use it. But Christ has made me clean, so I get to!

Then, it says, "It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray."



That's me! I'm a fool. I'm not saying that I'm stupid, but I fall into "quicksin"... I mean quicksand so easily. And he rescues me.

Sometimes, I feel like I must wear him out.

I fall, I'm convicted, I repent, I get back on the road. He keeps helping me.

He doesn't tell me (like AAA) that I only get four rescues a year. I get unlimited. Sometimes, I feel like I must wear Him out.

But I don't. He doesn't get worn out. He handled it all on the cross. He defeated Satan there.

And even though I am a fool, I shall not go astray because He empowers me to walk on the way, in the light, with humble power.

Lord, when I'm foolish, convict me! What a blessing is your conviction. I love it when I know how I stand with You. I don't want to keep hidden sins. I want to walk on the Way of Holiness, one that's built for the imperfect, those with hang-ups and hurts. I need that kind of highway. And you knew that. May I walk with you, in the light, today.


Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3