Passions and Desires - Galatians 5:24-‬25

 


Those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:24-‬25

Crucified The Flesh

I am Christ's. I am a believer. He wrote my name in the Lamb's book of life before the foundation of the world. Amen!

I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. That's what the verse says. I have crucified, past tense.

So, why do I put on that old rotten corpse of my flesh again to try to serve Him, to battle sin, or even do this thing called life? Makes no sense!

But I have crucified the flesh. And I do need reminders! I am not a child of the Devil. I am a child of God. No matter how much the Devil lies to me. No matter how much I have carried unhelpful shame. I AM A CHILD OF GOD! Hallelujah!

Now, I live in the Spirit. That's the truth. That's the reality. I know it. I believe it.

The verse says, "Let us also walk in the Spirit." Walk. Move my feet. That's me acting like the real me, the one who lives in the Spirit. That's me not putting on that rotting flesh to try to do this renewed life.

Empowered By The Holy Spirit

What does walking in the Spirit look like? I'm no scholar. But it certainly must mean to at least do the things that are plainly in front of me to do that are Spiritual. But not like I'm checking off tiny boxes.

I'm doing them because I'm empowered by the one and only Holy Spirit to do it.

I'm reading the scripture. I'm praying and being more disciplined in it. Discipline is not a dirty word. It's a beautiful word that opens a door to walking in the Spirit, moving my feet. Walking in the Spirit is also fellowshipping and worshiping with other believers. It's listening to God by hearing word preached. It's reaching out to believers when they are hurting and asking for help when I am struggling.

Lord, enlarge my idea of what it means to walk in the Spirit. I feel like I'm just beginning to get a taste of what it is. Help me do it today. I want to do it. And I desire to get excited about it. I live in the Spirit. Help me in those abundant ways that only you can do, to walk in the Spirit. Today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3