The Length of God's Hand - Numbers 11:23

 

And the Lord said to Moses, “Is the Lord’s hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not.” Numbers 11:23

All The Giants In The Land

I am a believer in Jesus who died and rose again, and ascended to heaven. And yet I struggle with trusting the Lord.

There's something in me that wants to control things. My pride sprouts up easily.

I can be like those spies that snuck into the land of Canaan with Caleb and Joshua. I see all those giants in the land and tell the Lord that I think He messed up.

But one day at a time, He is changing me. He has told me over and over again that He is in charge and handling things.

Is His hand shortened?

No.

When I look at America and the Western world, I can think maybe God's plan isn't working out so well.

All In

Is His hand shortened? No. He is working. His full plan is in process.

I regret the wasted years it took for me to begin trusting Him again after a bad fall.

Is His hand shortened? No. He keeps working with great patience. And He asks me to be patient too.

I want to be all-in. I know my faith will be tested. Abraham's faith was tested. Moses' faith was tested. David's faith was tested. Even Jesus' faith was tested. They all were supplied with what they needed.

There will be hurts. They all experienced them. Hurt does not mean that God failed. It doesn't mean that He is only part-way helping. He is all-in. His hand is not shortened.

He tells me to pray. Trust. And pray again. To knock. To patiently, humbly bug Him.

To watch and see how His word comes true.

Will His word come true? Yes. It always does.

Lord, help me be fully faithful. Enlarge my vision for what it means to trust you, to pray and believe. Help me be all-in. Today. You are God. I serve you. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3