I Struggle, Lord, So Revive Me!



The Pain, Hurt, Anger, Worry

I struggle. Some days feel like it's all about the pain, hurt, anger, worry.

God is faithful. He doesn't leave me alone in the fight. He encourages me directly through His word. Directly.

He reminds me that I am loved. That I am His child, chosen.

He revives me. Breathes encouragement into my fragmented thoughts.

I can read a verse, and it leaps out at me. Like this one above.

It shows me that God is full of lovingkindness which He is ready to shower on me. Why?

So that I may keep the testimonies of His mouth. That I may keep His word. (Plus, He builds that desire in me.) That I may obey Him. And when I obey, I am filled with joy. Usefulness too.

He Didn't Say It Would Be Easy

When I keep His word, His testimonies, my relationships are healthier, more loving.

The verse also gives me a clue about how to pray. I get to ask Him to revive me. The implication is that He will do it. I get to confess my hurts, my cries, my disappointments, in fact I must. This verse implies that the Psalmist needs to be revived. He doesn't have it all together all the time.

God didn't say it would be easy. He said He would be with me. It's the hard days that teach me so much. And it is a mercy that they don't last forever.

I Can See You Working In Me

Lord, revive me today. Refresh me with your lovingkindness that the Word ascribes to you over and over. You have more lovingkindness than you can ever use up. Use it on me! That I may hear you and do those good works which you have laid out before me. Lord thank you for your patience. I can see that you are working in me and others. Revive me. Revive your people to do much. This is the day that You have made. Revive me today that I may keep your word in an attitude of joy and delight.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3