Can I Walk in the Light?

 


But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. - I John 1:7

Walking In The Light Is Opposite Of Living In Denial

Today, I see that if I walk in the light as He is in the light, I have fellowship with others, and I'm cleansed of sin. I better pay attention!

This walking is something I must choose to do.

Walking in the light is the opposite of living in denial. Living in denial is where I'm comfortable. I feel shame, avoid God, avoid people. Isolate.

But we are made to be in relationships. We are naturally born into relationships. We can't survive in our first years of life without relationships. And if I walk in the light, I get fellowship. I think that's because me walking in the light makes me more palatable to other people. At least that's part of it. When I walk in darkness, the people who are a blessing in my life aren't attracted to my company.

And this walking in the light is part of God's cleansing process.

How Can I Walk In The Light?

How can I walk in the light? I can reach out to my believing friends. Talk to them. Encourage them. Talk about what I'm reading in the bible.

Oh right, read the bible. And better yet, learn to read it and stay in conscious contact with God as I do it. Communicate with Him. Talking to Him as I read.

Walking in the light is also resisting sin. Resisting the Devil. Submitting to God in my behavior. And Satan flees!

Walking in the light cleanses me from all sin. I might barely understand what this means right now, but it clearly must be what I'm about. And an important thing to pray about. Today.

Lord, help me walk in the light. Help me know and increase my capacity to walk in your holy light. And may I experience the joy of fellowship and the cleansing power of the Holy Spirit working in me. Convict me when I am not walking in the light. And give me grace to turn to you and walk in the light again. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3