Steadfast, Immoveable

 





But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58

I'm Not Victorious By Being Super Christian

The word of God reveals who I am in Christ. This verse continues that holy, biblical record.

First, I AM victorious through Jesus. I'm not victorious through me being super Christian. Jesus works. It's Him.

And because He works this marvelous victory in me, I am steadfast (which means fixed or unchanging according to Wordnik). Steadfast. Hey, nobody calls anybody steadfast! But the apostle Paul says I can be it.

Immovable. I am on the foundation of Jesus, the Rock.

Abounding in the Work of the Lord

Can I always abound in the work of the Lord like the verse says? Yes.

This isn't me making this up; this is Paul saying this, and he is saying it to the Corinthian church which had serious issues with holiness. If he is saying the Corinthians can be "...always abounding in the work of the Lord," so can I.

In the Lord, my labor is not in vain. It is clear that believers must learn to walk in the Spirit. To not carry out the desires of the flesh. To walk in the light. This is who I am in Christ.

And that is not just for believers who win the Spiritual lottery of holiness, it's for me.

Today, I am steadfast, immovable, ALWAYS abounding in the work of the Lord, and I know that in the Lord my labor, my work, is not for nothing. It is for His kingdom. And He wins. I'm on the winning side. Today.

Lord, help me be what your word says I am. Show me, teach me how to be immovable, and always abounding. Abounding. That's an awe inspiring word, and Lord you are applying it to me, right now. And may my work, work. Powerfully. It seems like so much to ask which reveals that I must learn to ask for so much more. Help me do that too. You give more than I can think or ask for. Lord do that in me, today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3